Building Better Opportunities (BBO) is funded by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund and its aim is to help tackle the poverty and social exclusion faced by the most disadvantaged people in England.
Building Better Opportunities – Support into Employment supports people with a learning disability and/or autism in Milton Keynes and Aylesbury who are currently unemployed or economically inactive (people who are not in education, employment or training (NEET), not actively seeking work in last 4 weeks and unavailable to work within next 2 weeks) to find work.
We want people with a learning disability and/or autism to be valued and respected in the workplace. This is achieved by giving both the individual and the employer realistic, ongoing support mechanisms within the workplace in the following areas:
- Provide appropriate advice, assistance and support to adults who have a learning disability and/or autism within Milton Keynes and Aylesbury who wish to gain paid employment, or get a step closer to work.
- Identify the needs and the wishes of people with a learning disability and/or autism, to plan and deliver a comprehensive, supportive and a creative range of employment / work opportunities to meet their aspirations.
- Career guidance and CV writing
- Support with job search
- Interview skills and mock interviews
- Support for people who need help developing their skills.
- Support job seekers through work tasters, establishing a natural support within the work place
- An enablement programme, working towards a ‘Phase Out’ model as need for support reduces and ongoing monitoring
- Liaise with individual employers and employer organisations on a regular basis to negotiate employment opportunities.
Talkback enables people with a learning disability and/or autism to gain access to real employment opportunities. Our team will enable job seekers to obtain work tasters with an employer of their choice, with the ultimate aim of securing paid employment. We will also assist employers in promoting an integrated and diverse workplace, in addition to meeting some of their future business needs.
For further information, please contact Chris Taylor on email@example.com or call the office on 01494 434448.